Sunday, March 24, 2013

Austin.









































Last weekend I made my first trip to Austin, Texas to visit one of my dearest friends Skylar! She was my little sis during our sorority days at OU. We do not get to see each other very often and I was so happy I got to see her and where she is from!
Skylar showed me around Austin, taking me to her favorite coffee shops, restaurants, and running trails. She also took me to Westlake, a hilly suburb of Austin where she grew up.
Some of the places we went: Walton's, which is a cafe/flowershop owned by actress Sandra Bullock. Winflo, a new Italian-type restaurant near downtown that is in a neon green house. 360 lookout, a pretty place in Westlake where you can see downtown Austin in the distance. Magnolia's, a delicious, Austin-y, breakfast-type cafe with amazing pancakes and more. Mozart's, a fun coffee shop on the lake where we spent time reading and watching ducks.
I happened to be in Austin during South by Southwest, a weekend full of concerts all over the city. We roamed our way around downtown and South Congress to see the interesting people. It was so fun! Austin is definitely "weird", but amazing! I also met a lot of her sweet friends that for years I've only known through pictures. I enjoyed hanging out with them! I got to celebrate one of her housemate's engagements while I was there, which was sweet.

Skylar, thank you for your friendship and your hospitality while I was in ATX! I loved getting to see your native environment. I had a blast! Love you sister!


1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures! That sounds like a really fun time! So many cool looking restaurants!

    ReplyDelete